Mahle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Mahle is an occupational name for a painter, or more specifically a painter of stained glass, derived from the Old German "malen", and the Middle High German word "malen" which both meant "to paint."
Early Origins of the Mahle family
The surname Mahle was first found in Wurtemberg and Bavaria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Mahler became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Mahle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mahle research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1723 and 1807 are included under the topic Early Mahle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mahle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mahler, Maler, Mahl, Mahle, Male, Mal, Maller, Maehler, Mehler, Mailer, Mayler, Maylor, Mailor and many more.
Early Notables of the Mahle family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mahle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mahle migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mahle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Mahle, aged 18, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1806 
- Dorothea Mahle, aged 16, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1806 
- Elizabeth Mahle, aged 12, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1806 
- Hans George Mahle, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1806 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)