on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Magnusson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Magnusson, aged 29, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Anders, Bengt, Karl, Jacob, and Daniel Fredrik Magnusson arrived in New York in 1849
- Sven Magnusson, aged 33, landed in America in 1853
- Magnus Magnusson, aged 19, landed in America in 1854
- Martha Caisa Magnusson, aged 34, landed in America in 1854
Magnusson Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Jacob Magnusson arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Nimroud" in 1860
- Eiríkur Magnússon (1833-1913), Icelandic philologist and scholar
- Arni Magnússon (1663-1730), Icelandic antiquarian and philologist
- Magnus Magnusson (b. 1929), born in Scotland of Icelandic parents, a writer and broadcaster
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
The Magnusson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Magnusson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2012 at 15:06.
on orders of $85 or more