on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish
Where did the Norwegian Magnusson family come from? What is the Norwegian Magnusson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Magnusson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Magnusson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Magnusson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Magnusson, aged 29, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Anders, Bengt, Karl, Jacob, and Daniel Fredrik Magnusson arrived in New York in 1849
- Sven Magnusson, aged 33, landed in America in 1853
- Magnus Magnusson, aged 19, landed in America in 1854
- Martha Caisa Magnusson, aged 34, landed in America in 1854
Magnusson Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Jacob Magnusson arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Nimroud" in 1860
- Eiríkur Magnússon (1833-1913), Icelandic philologist and scholar
- Arni Magnússon (1663-1730), Icelandic antiquarian and philologist
- Magnus Magnusson (b. 1929), born in Scotland of Icelandic parents, a writer and broadcaster
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Magnusson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Magnusson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2012 at 15:06.
on orders of $85 or more