on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish
Where did the Danish Magnusson family come from? What is the Danish Magnusson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Magnusson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Magnusson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Magnusson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Magnusson, aged 29, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Anders, Bengt, Karl, Jacob, and Daniel Fredrik Magnusson arrived in New York in 1849
- Sven Magnusson, aged 33, landed in America in 1853
- Magnus Magnusson, aged 19, landed in America in 1854
- Martha Caisa Magnusson, aged 34, landed in America in 1854
Magnusson Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Jacob Magnusson arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Nimroud" in 1860
- Eiríkur Magnússon (1833-1913), Icelandic philologist and scholar
- Arni Magnússon (1663-1730), Icelandic antiquarian and philologist
- Magnus Magnusson (b. 1929), born in Scotland of Icelandic parents, a writer and broadcaster
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
The Magnusson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Magnusson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2012 at 15:06.
on orders of $85 or more