Magnaghi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Magnaghi surname has at least two possible derivations. The Italian word "magnano" means "blacksmith" or "locksmith," and no doubt in some instances, this surname was of occupational origin. There are also several places in Italy called Magnano or Magnani and the surname was also likely taken on from some of these place names.
Early Origins of the Magnaghi family
The surname Magnaghi was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. Early record show that a bearer of Magnani was a government magistrate in 1223. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Magnaghi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Magnaghi research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1442, 1422, 1571, 1653 and 1797 are included under the topic Early Magnaghi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Magnaghi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Magnani, Magnaghi, Magnaguti, Magnanini, Magnano, Magnini and many more.
Early Notables of the Magnaghi family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Magnaghi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Magnaghi migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Magnaghi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ambrogio Magnaghi, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States from Lonate, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Magnaghi, aged 26, who settled in America from Lonate Pozzolo, Italy, in 1910
- Giovanni Magnaghi, aged 23, who landed in America from Samarate, Italy, in 1910
- Pasquale Magnaghi, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States from Rozzolo Italy, in 1911
- Ruggero Magnaghi, aged 23, who landed in America from Trieste, Austria, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Magnaghi (post 1700) +
- Alberto Magnaghi (b. 1941), Italian professor at the University of Florence
- Debora Magnaghi (b. 1970), Italian voice actress
- Carlo Magnaghi, Italian fighter pilot and flying ace in the Italian Royal Air Force (Regia Aeronautica Italiana), during World War II, credited with 11 aerial victories
Related Stories +