on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Madara family come from? What is the Spanish Madara family crest and coat of arms? When did the Madara family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Madara family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mederos, Madieres, Mederos, Maderos, Materos and others.
First found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain closely linked to the early history of England.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Madara research. Another 347 words(25 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Madara History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Madara Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Bartolome Maduro, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1535. In later years, came Julio F. Medeiros, who was naturalized in Ashtabula Co., Ohio sometime between 1875 and 1906.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Madara Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Madara Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:36.
on orders of $85 or more