on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Italian MacAluso family come from? What is the Italian MacAluso family crest and coat of arms? When did the MacAluso family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the MacAluso family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Magalocci, Megaluzzi, Megaluzzio, Magaluso, Megalocci, Macaluso and many more.
First found in Umbria is both an ancient and modern district of Italy. The Umbrians date back to 1200 B.C. They were an Ayrian race. Their enemies were the Etruscans who eventually drove the Umbrians north. During the Roman period up to about 100 A.D., they were generally cordial to the Romans. It is rich in treasures of art, artifacts and relics It also now a highly industrialized section of Italy. It has its own dialect which is unique to the district. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our MacAluso research. Another 305 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1228, 1300, and 1352 are included under the topic Early MacAluso History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early MacAluso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
MacAluso Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alberto Macaluso, aged 25, who settled in America from Petralia, in 1906
- Alberto Macaluso, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Calascibetto, Italy, in 1908
- Alfonso Macaluso, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from Palermo, Sicily, in 1910
- Agostino Macaluso, aged 15, who landed in America from Cermini, Sicily, in 1914
- Adele Macaluso, aged 26, who settled in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1920
- Leonard "Iron Legs" Macaluso, American football player and wrestler
- Gerald 'Jerry' Macaluso (b. 1970), American sculptor, film producer and entrepreneur
- Christie Albert Macaluso (b. 1945), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- John Macaluso (b. 1968), American drummer
- Michael Macaluso, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 35th District, 1976
- Frank A. Macaluso Jr., American Democrat politician, Candidate for Governor of California, 2003
- Luigi "Gino" Macaluso (1948-2010), Italian entrepreneur
- Joseph Angelo Macaluso (b. 1931), Canadian Member of Parliament
- Damián Macaluso (b. 1980), Uruguayan footballer
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Bascapč, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Bongioanni, Angelo. Nomi e Cognomi. Saggio di Ricerche Etimologiche e Storiche. Torino: A. Forni, 1979. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The MacAluso Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The MacAluso Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2015 at 09:12.
on orders of $85 or more