MacAluso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the MacAluso family
The surname MacAluso was first found in Umbria is both an ancient and modern district of Italy. The Umbrians date back to 1200 B.C. They were an Ayrian race. Their enemies were the Etruscans who eventually drove the Umbrians north. During the Roman period up to about 100 A.D., they were generally cordial to the Romans. It is rich in treasures of art, artifacts and relics It also now a highly industrialized section of Italy. It has its own dialect which is unique to the district. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the MacAluso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our MacAluso research. Another 153 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1228, 1300, and 1352 are included under the topic Early MacAluso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
MacAluso Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Magalocci, Megaluzzi, Megaluzzio, Magaluso, Megalocci, Macaluso and many more.
Early Notables of the MacAluso family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early MacAluso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
MacAluso migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
MacAluso Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alberto Macaluso, aged 25, who settled in America from Petralia, in 1906
- Alberto Macaluso, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States from Calascibetto, Italy, in 1908
- Alfonso Macaluso, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Palermo, Sicily, in 1910
- Agostino Macaluso, aged 15, who landed in America from Cermini, Sicily, in 1914
- Adele Macaluso, aged 26, who settled in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name MacAluso (post 1700) +
- Leonard "Iron Legs" Macaluso, American football player and wrestler
- Gerald 'Jerry' Macaluso (b. 1970), American sculptor, film producer and entrepreneur
- Christie Albert Macaluso (b. 1945), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- John Macaluso (b. 1968), American drummer
- Michael Macaluso, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 35th District, 1976 
- Frank A. Macaluso Jr., American Democrat politician, Candidate for Governor of California, 2003 
- Emanuele Macaluso (1924-2021), Italian trade unionist, politician, and journalist, Member of the Chamber of Deputies (1963-1976)
- Luigi "Gino" Macaluso (1948-2010), Italian entrepreneur
- Joseph Angelo Macaluso (b. 1931), Canadian Member of Parliament
- Damián Macaluso (b. 1980), Uruguayan footballer
Related Stories +