Luzzo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Luzzo family
The surname Luzzo was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The Liuzza of Luzzi or Luzzo were first recorded as nobility in the year 972 and may have originally been from Cremona.
Early History of the Luzzo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luzzo research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1279 is included under the topic Early Luzzo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luzzo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Liuzzi, Liuzzo, Luzzi, Luzzo, Liuzza, Luzza, Liussi, Lussi and many more.
Early Notables of the Luzzo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luzzo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Luzzo migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luzzo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rosalia Luzzo, aged 22, who landed in America from Villafrati, in 1897
Luzzo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Salvatore Luzzo, aged 30, who settled in America from Montemoggia, in 1900
- Vincenzo Luzzo, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Acquaro, in 1902
- Francesco Luzzo, aged 25, who landed in America from Acquaro, Italy, in 1907
- Nicolangelo Luzzo, aged 50, who immigrated to the United States from Maddaloni, Italy, in 1910
- Giuseppe Luzzo, aged 32, who landed in America from Montemaggiore, Sicily, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)