Early Origins of the Lutzow family
The surname Lutzow was first found in Pomerania. Here, members of the "Luettich" family became quite prosperous.
Early History of the Lutzow family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lutzow research.Another 170 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1773, 1794, 1806, 1817, and 1881 are included under the topic Early Lutzow History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lutzow Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Lutz, Luts, Luz, Lutsch, Lutch, Luetz, Luets, Luetsch, Luetch, Luettich, Lotz, Lots, Lotsch, Lotch, Loetz, Loets, Loetsch, Loetch, Lutze, Lutsche, Lutche and many more.
Early Notables of the Lutzow family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lutzow Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lutzow family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Caspar and Christian Lutz, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1738; Johann Heinrich Lutsch, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1753; Johan Peter Lutsch, who settled in Philadelphia in 1771.
Contemporary Notables of the name Lutzow (post 1700)
- Günther Lützow (1912-1945), German World War II fighter pilot and Flying ace
- Günther Lützow, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 105 aerial victories, awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Moisés Félix Dagdug Lützow (1950-2016), Mexican politician
- Ludwig von Lützow (1793-1872), Mecklenburg politician
- Ludwig Adolf Wilhelm von Lützow (1782-1834), Prussian lieutenant general
- Ludwig Adolf Wilhelm Lützow (1781-1834), Prussian soldier