on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Lustig family come from? What is the German Lustig family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lustig family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lustig family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lustig, Lusting, Lusttig, Lustige, Lustiges, Lusstig, Luastig, Lustieg and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name Lustig became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lustig research. Another 221 words (16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lustig History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lustig Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lustig Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Meyer Lustig, who emigrated from Hamburg to New York, NY in 1855
- Isaac Lustig, who was recorded to be living in San Francisco in 1866
- Isaac Lustig, aged 40, arrived in San Francisco, California in 1866
- Jacob Lustig, who arrived in New York in 1868
- Morris Lustig, who was naturalized in Ohio in 1883
Lustig Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Kaspar Lustig and his wife Magdalena Heintz Lustig, who lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia between 1830 and 1846
- Arnost Lustig (b. 1926), Czech journalist and screenplay writer who became a professor of Literature and Film in the U.S. He won an Emmy award in 1986
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
The Lustig Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lustig Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:39.
on orders of $85 or more