Lussier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lussier family
The surname Lussier was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The Liuzza of Luzzi or Luzzo were first recorded as nobility in the year 972 and may have originally been from Cremona.
Important Dates for the Lussier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lussier research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1279 is included under the topic Early Lussier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lussier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Liuzzi, Liuzzo, Luzzi, Luzzo, Liuzza, Luzza, Liussi, Lussi and many more.
Early Notables of the Lussier family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lussier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lussier migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Lussier Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Lussier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Arthur Lussier, who settled in Massachusetts in 1888
Lussier Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Aime J. Lussier, aged 43, originally from Paris, France, who arrived in New York in 1919 aboard the ship "Rochambeau" from Le Havre, France 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lussier (post 1700)
- Joseph F. Lussier, American Republican politician, Candidate for Connecticut State House of Representatives from Sprague, 1940
- Audie Lussier, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Minnesota, 1996, 2000 (alternate)
- A. Edgar Lussier, American politician, Mayor of Woonsocket, Rhode Island, 1967
You May Also Like
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J67B-1ZH : 6 December 2014), Aime J. Lussier, 21 Jun 1919; citing departure port Le Havre, arrival port New York, ship name Rochambeau, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).