Luque History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Spanish surname Luque is of noble and ancient descent, and appears to be of habitational origin. Habitation surnames are those names which derive their origin from a particular place-name near which the original bearer lived or held land. Thus, the surname Luque signifies "one from Luque." The place-name Luque is derived from the Latin "lucus" which means "forest" and "sacred grove."
Early Origins of the Luque family
The surname Luque was first found in the district of Baena in the southern province of Cordoba. The earliest reference to the surname Luque is a record of Alonso de Luque, a noblemen from Leon, who participated in the battle against the Moors, under King Alonso XI in 1347.
Early History of the Luque family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luque research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1896 is included under the topic Early Luque History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luque Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luqua, Luques, Luca and others.
Early Notables of the Luque family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luque Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Luque is the 8,089th most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Luque migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luque Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lucas Luque, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- Juan De Luque, who arrived in America in 1817 
- Luis De Luque, who landed in Peru in 1834 
- Alonso De Luque, who landed in Peru in 1834 
- Ramon Luque, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1846 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Luque (post 1700) +
- Jesús de la Rosa Luque (1948-1983), Spanish singer and composer
- Virginia Luque, Spanish classical guitarist
- Joaquín Luque (1865-1932), Spanish painter
- Borja Sánchez Luque (b. 1978), Spanish footballer
- Miguel Ángel Luque (b. 1990), Spanish footballer
- Matias Prats Luque (b. 1952), Spanish sports and news journalist
- Hernando de Luque, Spanish priest who travelled to the New World in the 16th century
- Francisco Luque (b. 1948), is a Spanish sculptor
- Jorge Luque (b. 1981), Spanish footballer
- José Juan Luque (b. 1977), Spanish footballer
- ... (Another 11 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)