Lundstrom History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Lundstrom actually has Scandinavian roots. This is not unexpected considering that Schleswig-Holstein shares its Northern border with Denmark. The word "lund" was Danish for "copse," and is connected to the Dithmarsch region of Schleswig-Holstein, where there is a town called Lunden. The surname may have originally been used to denote someone who lived in or near a copse of trees or a small wooded area.
Early Origins of the Lundstrom family
The surname Lundstrom was first found in Northern Germany, where Peter Lundeman was recorded in Rostock in 1257, and Laur. Lundt in Flensberg in 1603. The name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Lundstrom family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lundstrom research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1412 is included under the topic Early Lundstrom History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lundstrom Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lund, Lundt, Lundmann, Lundstrom, Lundback, Lundberg, Lundebergh, Lundblah, Lundgren, Lundstedt and many more.
Early Notables of the Lundstrom family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lundstrom Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lundstrom migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lundstrom Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pehr Lundstrom, who arrived in New York city in 1847
- John Lundstrom, who settled in Kansas in 1869
Contemporary Notables of the name Lundstrom (post 1700) +
- Tanya Lundstrom, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Dakota, 1996
- Milton Lundstrom, American politician, Mayor of Rockford, Illinois, 1953-57
- Andrew G. Lundstrom, American politician, Mayor of Logan, Utah, 1926-40
Historic Events for the Lundstrom family +
- Mr. Thure Edvin Lundström, aged 32, Swedish Third Class passenger from Simrishamn, Skåne who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 15 
Related Stories +