Luhmann History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Luhmann family
The surname Luhmann was first found in Thuringia, where the family was known for its contributions to the prosperity and culture of the emerging feudal society. The family branched into numerous houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions.
Early History of the Luhmann family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luhmann research. Another 89 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1556, 1790, 1842, and 1867 are included under the topic Early Luhmann History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luhmann Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lehman, Lehrman, Lehrmann, Lehrnmann, Lehrnman, Lehenmann, Leheman, Lohman and many more.
Early Notables of the Luhmann family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luhmann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luhmann migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luhmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C F Luhmann, who landed in Wisconsin in 1847 
- Heinrich Luhmann, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1847 
Contemporary Notables of the name Luhmann (post 1700) +
- Frances Luhmann, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1984 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html