on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Dutch Lueck family come from? What is the Dutch Lueck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lueck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lueck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laack, Laeck, Laegh, van den Laack, van den Laeck, van den Laegh and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Groningen, the most northerly province of Holland. Appingedam and Winschoten are very old towns with cattle and horse markets. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family in the province of Groninque.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lueck research. Another 268 words (19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lueck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lueck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lueck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Lueck, who arrived in America in 1845
- Johann Lueck, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- August Lueck, who came to New York, NY in 1860
- Emilie Lueck, who settled in New York, NY in 1866
- Augusta Lueck, who settled in New York, NY in 1866
Lueck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Lueck, who landed in Chile in 1912
- R. W. Lueck, American politician, Mayor of Watertown, Wisconsin, 1937
- Martin L. Lueck, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Wisconsin, 1924; Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin, 1924
- Martin C. Lueck, American Republican politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Marathon County 1st District; Elected 1948
- Henry Lueck, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 1956, 1960; Kansas Democratic State Chair, 1975-76
- Arthur W. Lueck (b. 1885), American Democrat politician, Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin, 1936
- Martin C. Lueck (1888-1986), American farmer and politician, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Martin L. Lueck (1872-1926), American politician and judge, candidate for Governor of Wisconsin in 1924
- Dale Keith Lueck (b. 1949), American politician, Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives (2015-)
- William "Bill" Lueck (b. 1946), American former NFL guard who played from 1968 to 1975
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Grattan, Thomas Colley. Holdan The History of the Netherlands. Charleston, SC: Biblio Bazaar LLC, 2007. Print.
- Swierenga, Robert P. Compiler Dutch Emigrant to the United State, South Africa, South America and Southeast Asia 1835-1880 An Alphabetical Listing by Househould Heads and Independent Persons. Wilmington, DE: Scholary Resources, 1983. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Tapper, Michael Ed. Immigrants to the Middle Colonies A Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists and Associated Data from The New York Genealogical Biographical Record. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
The Lueck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lueck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 October 2015 at 11:13.
on orders of $85 or more