Lucius History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lucius family
The surname Lucius was first found in Pomerania. Here, members of the "Luettich" family became quite prosperous.
Important Dates for the Lucius family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucius research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1773, 1794, 1806, 1817, and 1881 are included under the topic Early Lucius History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lucius Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lutz, Luts, Luz, Lutsch, Lutch, Luetz, Luets, Luetsch, Luetch, Luettich, Lotz, Lots, Lotsch, Lotch, Loetz, Loets, Loetsch, Loetch, Lutze, Lutsche, Lutche and many more.
Early Notables of the Lucius family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lucius Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lucius migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lucius Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Samuel Fred Lucius, who landed in America in 1769 
Lucius Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francis C Lucius, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lucius (post 1700)
- Edward B. Lucius, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1952 
- James Lucius Hickman (1937-2016), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1962 to 1974
- Arnold Lucius Gesell (1880-1961), American psychologist and pediatrician who helped develop the field of child development who developed The Gesell Developmental Schedules, eponym of The Gesell Institute of Child Development
- Dr. Michael Lucius Lomax (b. 1947), American President and Chief Executive officer of the United Negro College Fund
- Julius Lucius Brenchley (1816-1873), English explorer, naturalist and author from Kent
- Stephen Lucius Gwynn (1864-1950), Irish biographer and historian
- Reuben Lucius Goldberg (1883-1970), American cartoonist, sculptor, author, engineer and inventor awarded a Pulitzer Prize for his political cartooning in 1948
- Joshua Lucius Halbert (1869-1929), American politician, Mayor of Corsicana, Texas, 1913-23 
- William Lucius Storrs (1795-1861), American politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Middletown, 1827-29, 1834; Speaker of the Connecticut State House of Representatives, 1834 
- Wilbur Lucius Cross (1862-1948), American Democrat politician, Governor of Connecticut, 1931-39; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Connecticut, 1932, 1936, 1940, 1944 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html