on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Lucier family come from? What is the French Lucier family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lucier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lucier family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luce, Lucet, Lucette and others.
First found in Picardy (French: Picardie.)
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucier research. Another 62 words(4 lines of text) covering the years 1695, 1755, 1764, 1774, and 1797 are included under the topic Early Lucier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 124 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lucier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: many individuals who arrived from France onto Canadian shores between 1600 and 1900. Most came during the nineteenth century, such as Philippe Luce, a blacksmith in Bonaventure, Quebec in 1871.
- Alvin Lucier (b. 1931), American composer of experimental music and sound installations that explore acoustic phenomena
- Étienne Lucier (1793-1853), American fur trader in what is now the Pacific Northwest
- Mary Lucier (b. 1944), American artist
- Louis Joseph Lucier (b. 1918), former American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Wayne W. Lucier (b. 1979), former American football center
- James P. Lucier, American author, and was a staff member of the United States Senate
- Paul Lucier (1930-1999), Canadian businessman and Senator
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Lucier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lucier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 September 2014 at 13:02.
on orders of $85 or more