on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lucier was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie.)
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luce, Lucet, Lucette and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucier research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1695, 1755, 1764, 1774, and 1797 are included under the topic Early Lucier History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 124 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lucier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: many individuals who arrived from France onto Canadian shores between 1600 and 1900. Most came during the nineteenth century, such as Philippe Luce, a blacksmith in Bonaventure, Quebec in 1871.
- James P. Lucier, American author, and was a staff member of the United States Senate
- Wayne W. Lucier (b. 1979), former American football center
- Louis Joseph Lucier (b. 1918), former American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Mary Lucier (b. 1944), American artist
- Étienne Lucier (1793-1853), American fur trader in what is now the Pacific Northwest
- Alvin Lucier (b. 1931), American composer of experimental music and sound installations that explore acoustic phenomena
- William Walter Lucier (b. 1868), American Republican politician, Member of Vermont State House of Representatives from Jay, 1910
- Alvin J. Lucier, American politician, Member of New Hampshire State Senate 20th District, 1911-12
- Alvin A. Lucier, American Democrat politician, Mayor of Nashua, New Hampshire, 1937; Member of Democratic National Committee from New Hampshire, 1939-40; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Hampshire, 1940
- Albert Lucier, American Republican politician, Elected New Hampshire State House of Representatives from Laconia 4th Ward 1956
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Lucier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lucier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 December 2015 at 16:25.
on orders of $85 or more