on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lowenthal Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolph Lowenthal, aged 6, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Benj Lowenthal, aged 9, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Helene Lowenthal, who arrived in New York, NY Aug. 4, 1852 aboard the ship, the "Samuel M. Fox"
- Isidor, Adolph and Benj Lowenthal, three children, who arrived in Mobile, AL in 1852
- Isidor Lowenthal, aged 11, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Mark J. Lowenthal, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from New York County 23rd District, 1898
- Margaret Lowenthal, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Louisiana 7th District, 1986
- Mrs. Joseph Lowenthal, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Louisiana, 1964
- George H. Lowenthal, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Connecticut, 1932
- Bonnie A. Lowenthal, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1996 (alternate), 2000
- Leo Lowenthal, American sociologist and author, as well as many other notable personalties whose social, cultural and professional accomplishments were known on both sides of the Atlantic
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
The Lowenthal Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lowenthal Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2016 at 11:43.
on orders of $85 or more