on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Lowenthal family come from? What is the Jewish Lowenthal family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lowenthal family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lowenthal family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lowenthal Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolph Lowenthal, aged 6, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Benj Lowenthal, aged 9, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Helene Lowenthal, who arrived in New York, NY Aug. 4, 1852 aboard the ship, the "Samuel M. Fox"
- Isidor, Adolph and Benj Lowenthal, three children, who arrived in Mobile, AL in 1852
- Isidor Lowenthal, aged 11, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Leo Lowenthal, American sociologist and author, as well as many other notable personalties whose social, cultural and professional accomplishments were known on both sides of the Atlantic
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
The Lowenthal Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lowenthal Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:38.
on orders of $85 or more