on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Lowenthal family come from? What is the Jewish Lowenthal family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lowenthal family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lowenthal family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lowenthal Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolph Lowenthal, aged 6, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Benj Lowenthal, aged 9, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Helene Lowenthal, who arrived in New York, NY Aug. 4, 1852 aboard the ship, the "Samuel M. Fox"
- Isidor, Adolph and Benj Lowenthal, three children, who arrived in Mobile, AL in 1852
- Isidor Lowenthal, aged 11, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Mark J. Lowenthal, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from New York County 23rd District, 1898
- Margaret Lowenthal, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Louisiana 7th District, 1986
- Mrs. Joseph Lowenthal, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Louisiana, 1964
- George H. Lowenthal, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Connecticut, 1932
- Bonnie A. Lowenthal, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1996 (alternate), 2000
- Leo Lowenthal, American sociologist and author, as well as many other notable personalties whose social, cultural and professional accomplishments were known on both sides of the Atlantic
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Lowenthal Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lowenthal Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2016 at 11:43.
on orders of $85 or more