Lourens History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Lourens comes from an old French given name Laurens (Laurentius in Latin). Versions of this given name were popular throughout Christian Europe due to a Saint, so named, who was martyred in Rome in the 3rd century A.D.
Early Origins of the Lourens family
The surname Lourens was first found in Provence.
Early History of the Lourens family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lourens research. Another 361 words (26 lines of text) covering the years 1282, 1355, 1387, 1391, 1559, 1625, 1728, 1771, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Lourens History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lourens Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laurent, Saint-Laurent, Lauren, Laurents, Lorent, Loren, Laurrent, Laurren, Laurrents, Lorrent, Lorren, Laurrens, Laurens, Laurrens, Saint-Laurrent, Saint-Lauren, Saint-Laurents, Saint-Laurrents, Saint-Laurren, Saint-Lorent, Saint-Loren, Saint-Lorens, Saint-Lorrent, Saint-Lorren and many more.
Early Notables of the Lourens family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lourens Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In South Africa, the name Lourens is the 484th most popular surname with an estimated 14,781 people with that name. 
| Lourens migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lourens Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jan Lourens, who landed in New York in 1663 
Lourens Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Lourens, who arrived in New York in 1709 
Lourens Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Evert Lourens, aged 50, who immigrated to the United States from Ameland, in 1898
Lourens Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Lourens, aged 37, who settled in America, in 1919
- Karel Lourens, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States, in 1921
- Hipolito Lourens, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States, in 1923
- Gerardus Lourens, aged 41, who landed in America, in 1923
- Gerardus Lourens, aged 42, who settled in America, in 1924
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Lourens (post 1700) ||+|
- Thys Lourens (b. 1943), former South African rugby union footballer
- "Most Common Last Names in South Africa." Forebears, https://forebears.io/south-africa/surnames
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)