Losey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Losey family
The surname Losey was first found in Lueneburg, where the family can be traced as early as 1277. Members of the family gradually migrated throughout Europe, to regions such as Pomerania, where the branch of the family Lozeke von Loysin was recorded in 1313.
In 1416, the branch Lose von Osthem was recorded in the area of Werden/Ruhr, and later in 1423, a member of the family, Helmer Loseke was recorded in Hannover. Today Loose is a municipality in the district of Rendsburg-Eckernförde, in Schleswig-Holstein.
Early History of the Losey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Losey research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1505, 1746, 1774, 1836, 1812, 1650 and 1721 are included under the topic Early Losey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Losey Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Loose, Lose, Loohse, Lohse, Loohs, Loos, Loes, Loese, Losek, Loseck, Loseke, Losecke, Loseker, Losecker, Loosmann, Loosman and many more.
Early Notables of the Losey family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Losey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Losey migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Losey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cordelia Losey, aged 21, who arrived in America, in 1893
- Miss. Josephine Losey, aged 23, who arrived in America, in 1895
Losey Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Julia Losey, aged 3, who arrived in America, in 1906
- Thornton W. Losey, aged 32, who arrived in America, in 1907
- Edward Losey, aged 53, who arrived in America, in 1911
- Theresa Losey, aged 46, who arrived in America, in 1911
- Mollie Losey, aged 36, who arrived in America, in 1915
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Losey (post 1700) +
- Brian L. Losey, American Rear Admiral of the United States Navy, former Commander, Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa
- Frank Hoyt Losey (1870-1931), American musician, composer, and arranger of band and orchestra music who has composed over 400 pieces
- Greg Losey (1950-2002), American silver medalist modern pentathlete at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Captain Robert Moffat Losey (1908-1940), American aeronautical meteorologist, the first American military casualty in World War II
- Luke Losey (b. 1968), American film director, lighting designer and photographer
- Gavrik Losey (b. 1938), American producer and production manager
- Joseph Walton Losey (1909-1984), American theater and film director, known for his work in M (1951), The Damned (1963) and Modesty Blaise (1966)
- Gerald Losey, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky, 1972 
- George W. Losey, American politician, Member of Nebraska State House of Representatives, 1913 
- George T. Losey, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Tioga County, 1889-92 
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +