Loree History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The origins the old family name Loree can be found within medieval France. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in France, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Loree family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. However, an occupational name did not become a hereditary surname until the office or type of employment became hereditary. The surname Loree was an occupational name for a person who worked at a granary. The name translates literally from the Old French as of the granary.
Early Origins of the Loree family
The surname Loree was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where the family took their name from Delor, a village in the department of Aisne, in the district of Neufchâtel.
Early History of the Loree family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loree research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1665 and 1785 are included under the topic Early Loree History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loree Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Delor, De Lor, Delore, Delaur, De Laur, Delaure, Deloret, De Loret, Delauret, De Lauret, Delorey, De Lorey, Delaurey, De Laurey, Loré, Lorée, L'Orée, Laur, Laure, Lauré, Laurée, Loret, Lauret, Lorey, Laurey, Loreillard, Laureillard, Loreilleux, Laureilleux, Loriet, Lauriet, Loriey, Lauriey, Deloriet, Delauriet, Deloriey, Delauriey, Deslor, Délor, Deslaur, Délaur, Desloret, Déloret, Deslauret, Délauret, Deslorey, Délorey, Deslaurey, Délaurey, Desloriet, Déloriet, Deslauriet, Délauriet, Desloriey, Déloriey, Deslauriey and many more.
Early Notables of the Loree family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loree Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Loree migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loree Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F. Loree, aged 6, who arrived in America, in 1892
- L. F. Loree, aged 40, who arrived in America, in 1892
Loree Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- J.F. Loree, aged 49, who arrived in America, in 1905
- Jessie F. Loree, aged 50, who arrived in New York City, in 1913
- Leonos F. Loree, aged 55, who arrived in New York City, in 1913
- Louise C. Loree, aged 21, who arrived in New York City, in 1913
- Clara Louise Loree, aged 30, who arrived in West Orange, N.J., in 1924
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Loree (post 1700) ||+|
- Leonor Fresnel Loree (1858-1940), American railroad executive, President of Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (1901-1904), President of Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad in 1904, President of Kansas City Southern Railway (1918-1920), principal founder of The Newcomen Society in North America
- James Taber Loree (b. 1888), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1932 
- Anne Loree, Canadian Juno Award nominated singer-songwriter, best known for her song "Insensitive", an international Top 40 hit for Jann Arden in 1995
- Brad Loree (b. 1960), Canadian actor and stunt performer, best known for his role as Michael Myers in Halloween: Resurrection
- Loree K. Sutton (b. 1959), American psychiatrist as well as retired military officer
- Loree G. Soggs, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 2000