Loredo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins the old family name Loredo can be found within medieval France. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in France, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Loredo family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. However, an occupational name did not become a hereditary surname until the office or type of employment became hereditary. The surname Loredo was an occupational name for a person who worked at a granary. The name translates literally from the Old French as of the granary.
Early Origins of the Loredo family
The surname Loredo was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where the family took their name from Delor, a village in the department of Aisne, in the district of Neufchâtel.
Early History of the Loredo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loredo research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1665 and 1785 are included under the topic Early Loredo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loredo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Delor, De Lor, Delore, Delaur, De Laur, Delaure, Deloret, De Loret, Delauret, De Lauret, Delorey, De Lorey, Delaurey, De Laurey, Loré, Lorée, L'Orée, Laur, Laure, Lauré, Laurée, Loret, Lauret, Lorey, Laurey, Loreillard, Laureillard, Loreilleux, Laureilleux, Loriet, Lauriet, Loriey, Lauriey, Deloriet, Delauriet, Deloriey, Delauriey, Deslor, Délor, Deslaur, Délaur, Desloret, Déloret, Deslauret, Délauret, Deslorey, Délorey, Deslaurey, Délaurey, Desloriet, Déloriet, Deslauriet, Délauriet, Desloriey, Déloriey, Deslauriey and many more.
Early Notables of the Loredo family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loredo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loredo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loredo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bta Fernandes Loredo, aged 12, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- Jose Fernandes Loredo, aged 12, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- Manana Loredo, aged 23, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Loredo (post 1700) +
- John A. Loredo, American Democrat politician, Member of Arizona State House of Representatives 22nd District; Elected 1998 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html