Londono History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The ancient and noble Spanish surname Londono is of local
origin, being one of those surnames derived from the place of origin of the original bearer of the surname. In this case, the surname Londono is derived from the place-name Londoño. Thus, the surname Londono was simply applied as an easy means of identifying one who hailed from the place of the same name.
Early Origins of the Londono family
The surname Londono was first found in Londoño, a town in the northern province of Vizcaya.
Early History of the Londono family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Londono research.Another 79 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1554 and 1665 are included under the topic Early Londono History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Londono Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Londono family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Londono Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Londono family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Londono Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Heliodoro Londono, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Manchester, England, in 1907
- Alejandro Londono, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Medellin, Colombia, in 1911
- Heliodoro Londono, aged 26, who landed in America from Medellin, Colombia, in 1912
- Belamina Londono, aged 16, who emigrated to America from Medellin, Colombia, in 1915
- Fidel Londono, aged 15, who landed in America from Medellin, Colombia, in 1918
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Londono (post 1700)
- Daniel Londoño (b. 1995), Colombian professional footballer
- Julio Londoño (1901-1980), Colombian historian, President of the Academy of History in 1967
- Beatriz Londoño Soto M.D. (b. 1959), Colombian physician and administrative politician, 2nd Minister of Health and Social Protection of Colombia (2011-2012), Ambassador of Colombia to Switzerland (2013-)
- Germán Londoño, Colombian artist from Medellín
- Antonio Londoño (b. 1954), Colombian former professional racing cyclist who rode in the 1986 Tour de France
- Óscar Darío Londoño Montoya (b. 1971), retired Colombian football forward
- Ricardo Londoño -Bridge (1949-2009), Colombian racing driver who was murdered on Saturday July 18, 2009
- Fernando Londoño Hoyos (b. 1944), Colombian politician, lawyer, and economist, 1st Minister of the Interior and Justice of Colombia (2002-2004), 8th Minister of the Interior of Colombia in 2002
- Fernando Londoño y Londoño (1910-1994), Colombian lawyer and diplomat, Colombia Ambassador to Brazil (1969-1970), Colombian Minister of Government (1961-1962), 30th Governor of Caldas in 1953, Mayor of Manizales (1950-1952)
- Néstor Osorio Londoño, Colombian politician, the 27th Permanent Representative of Colombia to the United Nations
Londono Family Crest Products