on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lohse was first found in Lueneburg, where the family can be traced as early as 1277. Members of the family gradually migrated throughout Europe, to regions such as Pomerania, where the branch of the family Lozeke von Loysin was recorded in 1313. In 1416, the branch Lose von Osthem was recorded in the area of Werden/Ruhr, and later in 1423, a member of the family, Helmer Loseke was recorded in Hannover. Today Loose is a municipality in the district of Rendsburg-Eckernförde, in Schleswig-Holstein.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Loose, Lose, Loohse, Lohse, Loohs, Loos, Loes, Loese, Losek, Loseck, Loseke, Losecke, Loseker, Losecker, Loosmann, Loosman and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lohse research. Another 207 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1505, 1746, 1774, 1836, 1812, 1650 and 1721 are included under the topic Early Lohse History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lohse Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lohse Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Gottlieb Lohse, who arrived in Long Island in 1781
Lohse Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich Lohse, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- G H Lohse, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1872
- Robert C. Lohse, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1972
- Henry Lohse, American politician, Socialist Labor Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1896
- G. Lohse, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Ponce, 1858
- Kyle Matthew Lohse (b. 1978), American right-handed starting pitcher
- Austin Webb Lohse, banker in New York
- Martin J. Lohse (b. 1956), German physician and pharmacologist
- Adolf Lohse (1807-1867), Prussian master builder and architect
- Elfriede Lohse (1899-1940), German painter
- Bruno Lohse (1911-2007), German art dealer
- Otto Lohse (1859-1925), German conductor and composer
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
The Lohse Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lohse Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 March 2016 at 13:52.
on orders of $85 or more