on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lohrman was first found in the Rhineland
, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Laarmann became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laarmann, van der Laar, van Laer, von Lahr, Lahrbusch, Lahrmann, Larman, Laarman, Lehr, Lehrman, von Lehr, Laerman, Laermann, Laer, Lahr and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lohrman research. Another 179 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lohrman History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Lohrman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lohrman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Georg Lohrman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Hans George Lohrman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Peter Lohrman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Andreas Lohrman, who settled in Philadelphia in 1753
- Andreas, Lohrman Jr., who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
Lohrman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Lohrman, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Lohrman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lohrman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 March 2014 at 14:06.
on orders of $85 or more