Loffredo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Loffredo family
The surname Loffredo was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Loffredo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loffredo research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1318, 1507, 1547, 1531, 1547, 1635, 1701, 1698 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Loffredo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loffredo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Goffredo, Goffredi, Gioffredo, Gioffredi, Golfredo, Golfredi, Gioffreda, Giuffreda, Iofrida, Giuffie, Freda, Loffredo, Loffreda, Gioffre and many more.
Early Notables of the Loffredo family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated the Austrians, and the region came under Spanish rule once more. In 1799, the French...
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loffredo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loffredo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Loffredo Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Loffredo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonietta Loffredo, aged 27, who immigrated to America from Lucito, in 1905
- Angelina Loffredo, aged 23, who settled in America from Sessa Accrimea, Italy, in 1909
- Albino Loffredo, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States from Torre del Greco, Italy, in 1912
- Achille Loffredo, aged 36, who immigrated to America from Propisola, Italy, in 1913
- Antonio Loffredo, aged 2, who landed in America from Arellino, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Loffredo (post 1700)
- Todd Loffredo, American professional Table football player, multiple World Champion
Historic Events for the Loffredo family
Flight TWA 800
- Mrs. Elaine Loffredo (1946-1996), from Glastonbury, Connecticut, USA, American TWA crew member flying aboard flight TWA 800 from J.F.K. Airport, New York to Leonardo da Vinci Airport, Rome when the plane crashed after takeoff ; she died in the crash 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Washington Post Passenger List TWA Flight 800. (Retrieved 2018, February 15th). Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/twa800/list01.htm