Loesch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Loesch family
The surname Loesch was first found in Lueneburg, where the family can be traced as early as 1277. Members of the family gradually migrated throughout Europe, to regions such as Pomerania, where the branch of the family Lozeke von Loysin was recorded in 1313.
In 1416, the branch Lose von Osthem was recorded in the area of Werden/Ruhr, and later in 1423, a member of the family, Helmer Loseke was recorded in Hannover. Today Loose is a municipality in the district of Rendsburg-Eckernförde, in Schleswig-Holstein.
Early History of the Loesch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loesch research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1505, 1746, 1774, 1836, 1812, 1650 and 1721 are included under the topic Early Loesch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loesch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Loose, Lose, Loohse, Lohse, Loohs, Loos, Loes, Loese, Losek, Loseck, Loseke, Losecke, Loseker, Losecker, Loosmann, Loosman and many more.
Early Notables of the Loesch family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loesch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Loesch is the 9,108th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Loesch migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loesch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Georg Loesch, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 
- Jacob Loesch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1793 
Loesch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Catherine Loesch, aged 30, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- P Loesch, aged 36, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Philipp Loesch, who landed in North America in 1854 
- John Loesch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1861 
Contemporary Notables of the name Loesch (post 1700) +
- Juli Loesch, American pro-life activist and former media coordinator for Operation Rescue in Atlanta, Georgia
- Harrison Loesch (1916-1997), American attorney, Assistant Secretary of Interior under Richard Nixon (1969-1973)
- Frank Joseph Loesch (1852-1944), American attorney, reformer and a founder of the Chicago Crime Commission
- Harold Carl Otto Loesch (1926-2011), American marine biologist and oceanographer
- Margaret Ann Loesch, American television executive and producer, former President and CEO of Discovery Communications
- Dana Loesch (b. 1978), née Eaton, an American conservative political commentator
- Gregory K. Loesch, American fighter pilot and flying ace in the U.S. Marine Corps, during World War II, credited with 8½ aerial victories
- Ingeborg Loesch, East German silver medalist sprint canoer at the 1970 World Championships
- Alexander von Loesch, Bessarabian politician, Member of the Moldovan Parliament (1917–1918)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)