Loefler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Loefler family
The surname Loefler was first found in Austria, where the name could be considered to have made a great contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. The name's literal meaning referred to the craftsman who carved out wooden spoons. Later, it came to represent numerous branches of a powerful family. Chronicles first mention Hans Loeffler of Stuttgart in 1447. The name first became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in tribal and national conflicts, where each group sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Important Dates for the Loefler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loefler research. Another 123 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1717 and 1852 are included under the topic Early Loefler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loefler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Loeffler, Loeffel, Loefel, Loefeler, Loeffers, Leffler (Silesia), Loepeler (northern Germany), Loeffelmann, Loeffels, Loefels, Loffler and many more.
Early Notables of the Loefler family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loefler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loefler migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Loefler Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Loefler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Loefler, who settled in America in 1778
Loefler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Friedrich Loefler, who arrived in 1807
- Conrad Loefler, who arrived in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1844
- Conrad Loefler, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
Loefler Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alexander Loefler, who arrived in Alabama in 1922
- Alexander Loefler, who landed in Alabama in 1922 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)