Lobue History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lobue family
The surname Lobue was first found in the city of Reggio-Emilia, where records show Gerardo de Corviago Bovini living here in 1079.
Early History of the Lobue family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lobue research. Another 51 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1800, 1300, 1503, 1572, 1734, 1781, 1484, 1430 and 1484 are included under the topic Early Lobue History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lobue Spelling Variations
In comparison with other European surnames, Italian surnames have a surprising number of forms. They reflect the regional variations and the many dialects of the Italian language, each with its own distinctive features. For example, in Northern Italy the typical Italian surname suffix is "i", whereas in Southern Italy it is "o". Additionally, spelling changes frequently occurred because medieval scribes and church officials often spelled names as they sounded rather than according to any specific spelling rules. The spelling variations in the name Lobue include Bove, Bova, Bovi, Bue, Buo, Bui, Bua, Boe, Boi, Boy, Bo, Dal Bo, Del Bo, Lo Bue, Lo Boi, La Bua, Boelli, Boellis, Bovetto, Bovetti, Bovet, Boetto, Boetti, Boet, Boeddu, Bovino, Bovin, Boin, Buini, Bovoli, Bovani, Boano, Bovini, Bovara, Bovetini, Bovelli, Bovaro, Bovari and many more.
Early Notables of the Lobue family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Bovetinodei Bovetini, who was an intellectual in Mantua in the 13th century; Bonincontro dei Bovi was a lawyer in Bologna in 1300; Girolamo Bove was appointed mayor of Sezze by Pope Sisto IV in the 15th century; Giacomo Bovi was senator of Rome; Pietro Bovi and Giovan-Carlo Bovi were Bishops of Ostuno, and the latter also became Archbishop of Brindisi; Bernardo Bovini was mayor of Parma in 1503; Gherardo Bovini was mayor of Reggio; Rambaldo Bovini was mayor of Sassuolo around the same time; Cesare Bovi was made Bishop of Nardo by Pope Gregory...
Another 111 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lobue Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lobue migration to the United States +
A look at the immigration and passenger lists has shown a number of people bearing the name Lobue:
Lobue Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gaetano LoBue, aged 17, who landed in America from Corleone, in 1898
Lobue Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Lobue, aged 28, who landed in America from Causnio, Palermo, Italy, in 1911
- Felicia LoBue, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Lercara, Italy, in 1911
- Emanuele LoBue, aged 33, who landed in America from Palermo, Italy, in 1912
- Antonino LoBue, aged 28, who landed in America from Prizzi, Sicily, in 1912
- Francesco LoBue, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from Lercara, Sicily, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Lobue (post 1700) +
- John David "J.D." Lobue, American director best known for his work on Soul Train, Soap, Newhart and Dharma & Greg
- Nicholas Lobue, American actor, known for his work in Goats (2012), Space Warriors (2013) and Kids Unlimited (2007)
- Carmen LoBue, American actress
- Ange Lobue, American actor
Related Stories +