Llamas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Llamas family
The surname Llamas was first found in Asturias, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain. The Llamas spelling of this surname was first found in Cangas de Tineo, Asturias, while Lama is thought to be from Cántabro, of the mountains of Santander. The first bearer of Lama on record was Gmez Gernández of Segovia in Castile and Len, in the 14th century, during the reign of Alfonso. He became the first "Señor de la casa de La Lama."
Early History of the Llamas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Llamas research. Another 270 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 11, , 18. , 10),, and 1761 are included under the topic Early Llamas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Llamas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lama, Lamas, Llamas, Llama, Lameiras, Lamo and many more.
Early Notables of the Llamas family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Llamas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Llamas is the 6,073rd most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Llamas migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Llamas Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Antonio Llamas, who was one of the Catalonian "Spanish Bluecoats" recorded in California beween 1769-1774
Llamas Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Llamas, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1854 
- Severino Llamas, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1870 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Llamas (post 1700) ||+|
- Alejandra Llamas (b. 1970), Mexican-born, American best-selling author, speaker, founder of the MMK Process
- Thomas Edward "Tom" Llamas (b. 1979), American journalist and the anchor of ABC World News Tonight
- José Antonio Llamas Martínez (b. 1985), Spanish footballer from Terrassa, Barcelona, Catalonia
- Lorena Llamas (b. 1987), Spanish professional racing cyclist
- Sergio Llamas Pardo (b. 1993), Spanish professional footballer
- César Llamas (b. 1985), Paraguayan international footballer
- José Ángel Llamas Olmos (b. 1966), Mexican actor, best known for his roles of Rudolfo in Amor descarado
- María Eugenia Llamas Andresco (1944-2014), Mexican actress, best known for her roles as "La Tucita" in the late 1940s and in the 1950s
- Horacio Llamas Grey (b. 1973), Mexican former professional basketball player
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)