Litzenberger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Litzenberger family
The surname Litzenberger was first found in Brandenburg, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. The name possibly has its origin in the city name Lietzen in Brandenburg, but is probably much older than this mediaeval town, having its roots in the ancient Slavic tribes of the Silesian and Bohemian regions. In their later history the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Litzenberger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Litzenberger research. Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Litzenberger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Litzenberger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Litzmann, Litzman, Lietzmann, Lietz, Litzke, Litzka, Litz, Litze, Litzer, Litzler, Litzerich, Litzerick, Litzau, Litzow, Lietzkow, Lietzke and many more.
Early Notables of the Litzenberger family (pre 1700)
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Litzenberger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Litzenberger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Litzenberger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Simon Litzenberger, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Litzenberger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philipp Friedrich Litzenberger, who arrived in North America in 1853 
- Rudolf Litzenberger, who landed in North America in 1866 
- Elisabeth Litzenberger, aged 27, who landed in New York, NY in 1876 
- Heinrich Litzenberger, aged 28, who arrived in New York, NY in 1876 
- Johannes Litzenberger, aged 4, who arrived in New York, NY in 1876 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Litzenberger Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Conrad Litzenberger, who landed in Pacific Northwest in 1912 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)