Early Origins of the Lisi family
The surname Lisi was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Lisi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lisi research.Another 307 words (22 lines of text) covering the year 1348 is included under the topic Early Lisi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lisi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Lisiado, Lisi, Lizi, Lissi, Lissiatto, Liscii, Lisci, Lisoni, Lisca and many more.
Early Notables of the Lisi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lisi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lisi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lisi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Lisi, who settled in New York in 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name Lisi (post 1700)
- Joe Lisi (b. 1950), American television actor
- Antony Garrett Lisi (b. 1968), American theoretical physicist
- Mark Lisi (b. 1977), former American soccer player
- Anthony De Lisi, American politician, Representative from Pennsylvania 5th District, 1938 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Virna Lisi (1936-2014), stage name of Virna Pieralisi, Italian Cannes and César award-winning film actress
- Simona Lisi, Italian dancer, choreographer and actress
- Riccardo Patrick Emilio "Rick" Lisi (b. 1956), Canadian former Major League Baseball outfielder