on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Lindquist family come from? What is the German Lindquist family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lindquist family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lindquist family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lindq Uist, Lindequist, Lindenquist, Lindtquist, Lingenquist, Lintenquist, Lintquist, Lintzinquist, Linzenquist, Lindkwist, Linquist, Lilliq Uist and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Lindquist contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lindquist research. Another 167 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Lindquist History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lindquist Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lindquist Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles J Lindquist, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- Charles Lindquist, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1884
- A. Lindquist, aged 34, who settled in America, in 1892
- Andrew Lindquist, who came to Colorado in 1892
- Alena Lindquist, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1895
Lindquist Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alexander Lindquist, who came to Montana sometime between 1879 and 1900
- Albert Gustav Lindquist, who came to North Dakota in 1906
- Adolf Lindquist, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Axel Fritiof Lindquist, who landed in Wisconsin in 1916
- Albert Lindquist, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States, in 1922
- Emory Kempton Lindquist (1908-1992), American Rhodes Scholar, president of Bethany College (1943-1953) in Lindsborg, Kansas and Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas (1963-1968)
- Susan Lindquist (b. 1949), American professor of biology awarded the National Medal of Science in 2010
- Mel Lindquist (1911-2000), American engineer and renowned pioneer of the American Studio Wood Turning movement
- Mark Lindquist (b. 1949), American sculptor in wood artist, author, and photographer
- Francis Oscar Lindquist (1869-1924), American politician
- Barbara Metz Lindquist (b. 1969), American triathlete
- Greg Lindquist (b. 1979), American artist
- Mark Lindq Uist, American novelist and lawyer
- Carl Emil Lindquist (1919-2001), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Harry L. "H.L." Lindquist (1884-1978), American editor and publisher who specialized in the publication of philatelic literature
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
The Lindquist Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lindquist Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more