100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lindq Uist
was first found in Mecklenburg, where the name Lindquist contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local
social and political affairs.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lindq Uist, Lindequist, Lindenquist, Lindtquist, Lingenquist, Lintenquist, Lintquist, Lintzinquist, Linzenquist, Lindkwist, Linquist, Lilliquist and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lindquist research. Another 167 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Lindquist History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Lindquist Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lindquist Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles J Lindquist, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- Charles Lindquist, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1884
- A. Lindquist, aged 34, who settled in America, in 1892
- Andrew Lindquist, who came to Colorado in 1892
- Alena Lindquist, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1895
Lindquist Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alexander Lindquist, who came to Montana sometime between 1879 and 1900
- Albert Gustav Lindquist, who came to North Dakota in 1906
- Adolf Lindquist, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Axel Fritiof Lindquist, who landed in Wisconsin in 1916
- Albert Lindquist, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States, in 1922
- Jack Lindquist (1927-2016), American business executive and actor who appeared in several episodes of the Our Gang, President of the Disneyland theme park in Anaheim, California (1990-1993)
- Rick Lindquist (b. 1978), American mixed media artist
- Harry L. "H.L." Lindquist (1884-1978), American editor and publisher who specialized in the publication of philatelic literature
- Carl Emil Lindquist (1919-2001), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Mark Lindq Uist, American novelist and lawyer
- Greg Lindquist (b. 1979), American artist
- Barbara Metz Lindquist (b. 1969), American triathlete
- Francis Oscar Lindquist (1869-1924), American politician
- Mark Lindquist (b. 1949), American sculptor in wood artist, author, and photographer
- Mel Lindquist (1911-2000), American engineer and renowned pioneer of the American Studio Wood Turning movement
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
The Lindquist Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lindquist Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 March 2016 at 09:14.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!