Lindman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Lindman surname is derived from one of several place names Linde, as well from the Linden near Hannover, and was no doubt originally used to describe someone who came from one of these places.
Early Origins of the Lindman family
The surname Lindman was first found in the Lower Rhine, where this family became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Chronicles first mention a Hermann Lindeman of Hanover in 1335, Henczel unter der Lynden of Freiberg (Saxony) in 1383, Hannus von der Linde in 1440, Jacob Lindner of Tirol in 1348, and Johann van Lynder of the lower Rhine in 1528.
Early History of the Lindman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lindman research. Another 257 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1520, 1562, 1563, 1650, 1705, 1760, 1836, 1842, 1852, and 1873 are included under the topic Early Lindman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lindman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lindemann, Lindeman, Lindman, Lindermann and many more.
Early Notables of the Lindman family (pre 1700)
Notables with the name Lindman during this period were Michael Lindener (1520-1562), who was a strolling scholar and schoolmaster in Nuremberg, Ulm, and Augsburg, where he was finally executed for murder. Otto zur Linde (1873-1938) was a...
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lindman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lindman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lindman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Maria Lindman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803 
- Wilhelm Lindman, aged 1, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Ernstine Lindman, aged 24, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Anders Lindman with his wife Brita Engmann arrived in New York in 1849
- Carl Lindman, aged 34, who landed in America in 1852 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Lindman (post 1700) +
- Nils Hans Lindman (1884-1957), Swedish footballer at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Carl Axel Magnus Lindman (1856-1928), Swedish botanist and botanical artist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)