Lillibridge History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lillibridge family
The surname Lillibridge was first found in Durham at East Thickley, a township, in the parish of St. Andrew Auckland, district of Shildon, union of Auckland. "It belonged for many generations to the Lilburn family, of whom was Col. Lilburn, a celebrated leader on the side of the parliament in the civil war." 
Early History of the Lillibridge family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lillibridge research. Another 149 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1170, 1510, 1600, 1455, 1487, 1614, 1657, 1585, 1666, 1654, 1613, 1665 and 1649 are included under the topic Early Lillibridge History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lillibridge Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lillburn, Lillborn, Lillbourne, Lilbourne, Lilburn, Lilliburn, Liliburn, Liliborn, Lilbourn, Lillibourne, Lillyborn, Lilyborn and many more.
Early Notables of the Lillibridge family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include John Lilburne (1614-1657), English political leader of the Levelers, a movement seeking democratic revision of the constitution and the social system of England; George Lilburne (ca.1585-1666), an English merchant and politician who sat in the House of Commons in 1654...
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lillibridge Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lillibridge family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Eliza Lillburn, who was on record in the census of Ontario, Canada in 1871.
Contemporary Notables of the name Lillibridge (post 1700) +
- Willard M. Lillibridge, American politician, Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 1894-99 
- Thurston B. Lillibridge, American politician, First Selectman of Norwich, Connecticut, 1888 
- Lillian Lillibridge, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Dakota, 1924 
- L. L. Lillibridge, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 42nd District, 1947-50; Member of South Dakota State Senate 25th District, 1955-56 
- Clark Lillibridge, American politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Stafford, 1829 
- Clarence A. Lillibridge, American politician, First Selectman of Norwich, Connecticut, 1954-56 
- Benjamin Lillibridge, American politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Willington, 1836-37 
- Albert W. Lillibridge, American politician, First Selectman of Norwich, Connecticut, 1910-11 
Related Stories +
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html