on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Leyba was first found in Castile
, in north central Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leiva, Leyva, Leifa, Lieva, Leyba and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leyba research. Another 415 words (30 lines of text) covering the year 1528 is included under the topic Early Leyba History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Leyba Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leyba Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edmond Leyba, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1893
- Elizabeth Leyba, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1893
- A. Leyba, aged 32, who emigrated to America, in 1895
- Mrs. Ed. Leyba, aged 30, who settled in America, in 1895
Leyba Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Rudolph M. Leyba, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from Santo Domingo, in 1907
- Andres Leyba, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States from Linares, Spain, in 1913
- Felix V. Leyba, aged 37, who landed in America, in 1918
- Juan Leyba, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Abel Leyba, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1920
- Steven Johnson Leyba (b. 1966), American artist, painter and author
- Don Fernando de Leyba (1780-1778), Spanish officer and politician, the third governor of Upper Louisiana (1778 until his death)
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Leyba Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Leyba Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 February 2014 at 13:28.
on orders of $85 or more