Leyba History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Leyba family
The surname Leyba was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Leyba family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leyba research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1528, 1495, 1578, 1564, 1563, 1564, 1564, 1574, 1480, 1536, 1521, 1525, 1630 and 1676 are included under the topic Early Leyba History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leyba Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leiva, Leyva, Leifa, Lieva, Leyba and others.
Early Notables of the Leyba family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Andrés Díaz Venero de Leiva (1495-1578), the first president of the New Kingdom of Granada, appointed in 1564. He was born in El Castillo, a place near the port of Laredo, on the Cantabrian Sea to a noble family. In 1563 he left Spain for the Americas arriving in Bogotá (then called Santa Fe) in February 1564 where he was appointed as the first president of the Royal Audiencia of...
Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leyba Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Leyba is the 8,277th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Leyba migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leyba Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edmond Leyba, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1893
- Elizabeth Leyba, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1893
- A. Leyba, aged 32, who immigrated to America, in 1895
- Mrs. Ed. Leyba, aged 30, who settled in America, in 1895
Leyba Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Rudolph M. Leyba, aged 45, who immigrated to the United States from Santo Domingo, in 1907
- Andres Leyba, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Linares, Spain, in 1913
- Felix V. Leyba, aged 37, who landed in America, in 1918
- Juan Leyba, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Abel Leyba, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1920
|Contemporary Notables of the name Leyba (post 1700) ||+|
- Steven Johnson Leyba (b. 1966), American artist, painter and author
- Don Fernando de Leyba (b. 1780), Spanish officer and politician, the third governor of Upper Louisiana (1778 until his death)