on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Leyba family come from? What is the Spanish Leyba family crest and coat of arms? When did the Leyba family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Leyba family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leiva, Leyva, Leifa, Lieva, Leyba and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leyba research. Another 415 words (30 lines of text) covering the year 1528 is included under the topic Early Leyba History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Leyba Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leyba Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edmond Leyba, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1893
- Elizabeth Leyba, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1893
- A. Leyba, aged 32, who emigrated to America, in 1895
- Mrs. Ed. Leyba, aged 30, who settled in America, in 1895
Leyba Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Rudolph M. Leyba, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from Santo Domingo, in 1907
- Andres Leyba, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States from Linares, Spain, in 1913
- Felix V. Leyba, aged 37, who landed in America, in 1918
- Juan Leyba, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Abel Leyba, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1920
- Steven Johnson Leyba (b. 1966), American artist, painter and author
- Don Fernando de Leyba (1780-1778), Spanish officer and politician, the third governor of Upper Louisiana (1778 until his death)
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Leyba Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Leyba Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 February 2014 at 13:28.
on orders of $85 or more