Lettieri History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Lettieri family
The surname Lettieri was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna
, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice
in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Lettieri family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lettieri research.Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1630 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Lettieri History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lettieri Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Leto, Leti, Leuto, Letto, Alitto, Letta, Lette and many more.
Early Notables of the Lettieri family (pre 1700)
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lettieri Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lettieri family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lettieri Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Lettieri, aged 68, who emigrated to the United States from Avellino, Italy, in 1910
- Carmela Lettieri, aged 24, who settled in America from Rotondella, Italy, in 1910
- Clemente Lettieri, aged 28, who landed in America from S. Felice a Camello, Italy, in 1912
- Antonio Lettieri, aged 28, who emigrated to the United States from Rofrano, Italy, in 1912
- Antonia Lettieri, aged 28, who landed in America from Roccadaspido, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Lettieri (post 1700)
- Alfred Lettieri (1928-1975), American actor, best known for his portrayal as Virgil Sollozzo, in The Godfather (1972)
- Gino Lettieri (b. 1966), Italian football manager
- Martino "Tino" Lettieri (b. 1957), Italian former NASL and MISL professional soccer goalkeeper
- Gabriel Lettieri (b. 1975), Argentine footballer
Lettieri Family Crest Products