Leto History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Leto family
The surname Leto was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Leto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leto research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1630 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Leto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leto Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leto, Leti, Leuto, Letto, Alitto, Letta, Lette and many more.
Early Notables of the Leto family (pre 1700)
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leto migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Leto Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Leto Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angela Leto, aged 29, who landed in America from Baucina, in 1893
Leto Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Stefano Leto, who settled in New York, NY sometime between 1863 and 1904
- Nunzia Leto, who settled in New York, NY sometime between 1863 and 1904
- Angela Leto, aged 20, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1904
- Giuseppe Leto, who settled in Florida sometime between 1882 and 1905
- Alfredo Leto, aged 9, who landed in America from Petralia Sicily, in 1906
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Leto (post 1700)
- Gerald Leto (b. 1968), Invented the modern soft tipped stylus pens used on iPhone and iPads
- Matt Leto (b. 1983), American professional player of the first-person shooter video game Halo and Halo 2
- Shannon Leto (b. 1970), American drummer and an occasional actor
- Jared Leto (b. 1971), American actor and rock musician
- Marco Leto (1931-2016), Italian film and television director
You May Also Like