Leszczynski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Leszczynski family
The surname Leszczynski was first found in Galicia which lies in southern Poland on the northern slopes of the Carpathians. It was overrun by Monguls in 1223. The region is composed of Polish and Ukrainian natives, the latter being to the east. The Ruthenian nobles adopted the Catholic faith and the Polish tongue. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Leszczynski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leszczynski research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1539, 1608, 1658, 1677, 1766, 1704, 1709, 1733, 1735, 1735, 1766, 1644 and 1659 are included under the topic Early Leszczynski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leszczynski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leszynski, Leszczynski, Lesinski, Leszinski, Lezynski, Lesynski, Liszinski, Lysinski, Lyszinski and many more.
Early Notables of the Leszczynski family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leszczynski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leszczynski migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leszczynski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jan Leszczynski, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Wilkowo, Russia, in 1909
- Felix Leszczynski, aged 16, who immigrated to the United States from Germakowka, Austria, in 1910
- Franciszek Leszczynski, aged 18, who landed in America from Sochaczew, Russia, in 1910
- Franzischek Leszczynski, aged 19, who settled in America from Leschin, Russia, in 1910
- Jan Leszczynski, aged 79, who landed in America from Jarasow, Russia, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Leszczynski (post 1700)
- Jerzy Leszczynski, Polish-born, American Professor of Chemistry at Jackson State University, Mississippi
- Witold Leszczyñski (1933-2007), Polish film director and screenwriter
- Rafa³ Leszczyñski (1650-1703), Polish nobleman from the Leszczyñski family of Counts of the Holy Roman Empire
- Andrzej Leszczyñski (1608-1658), Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth noble and priest