Lesinski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lesinski family
The surname Lesinski was first found in Galicia which lies in southern Poland on the northern slopes of the Carpathians. It was overrun by Monguls in 1223. The region is composed of Polish and Ukrainian natives, the latter being to the east. The Ruthenian nobles adopted the Catholic faith and the Polish tongue. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Lesinski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lesinski research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1539, 1608, 1658, 1677, 1766, 1704, 1709, 1733, 1735, 1735, 1766, 1644 and 1659 are included under the topic Early Lesinski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lesinski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leszynski, Leszczynski, Lesinski, Leszinski, Lezynski, Lesynski, Liszinski, Lysinski, Lyszinski and many more.
Early Notables of the Lesinski family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lesinski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lesinski migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Lesinski Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Lesinski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Michael Lesinski who voyaged to Pennsylvania in 1881
Contemporary Notables of the name Lesinski (post 1700)
- John Lesinski Jr. (1914-2005), American politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- John Lesinski Sr. (1885-1950), American politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Thaddeus John "T. John" Lesinski (1925-1996), American politician and judge from the U.S. state of Michigan
- John Lesinski Jr., American member of the US house of representatives from Michigan from 1951-1965
- Terry Lesinski, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Missouri State House of Representatives 104th District, 2012 
- John Lesinski Jr. (b. 1914), American Democrat politician, U.S. Representative from Michigan 16th District, 1951-65; Defeated in primary, 1964; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1956, 1960 
- John Lesinski (1885-1950), American Democrat politician, U.S. Representative from Michigan 16th District, 1933-50; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1936, 1940, 1944, 1948 
- Henry J. Lesinski Sr., American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 7th District, 1960 
- Edmond Lesinski (1916-1992), American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 5th District, 1963-64; Defeated in primary, 1954, 1956, 1964, 1966 
- Casimir B. Lesinski, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 7th District, 1961 
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html