Leopoldo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Leopoldo family
The surname Leopoldo was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Leopoldo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leopoldo research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1384, 1457, 1504, 1606 and 1665 are included under the topic Early Leopoldo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leopoldo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lippi, Lipamano, Lipoldi, Lippa, Lippo, Leopoldi, Leopoldo and many more.
Early Notables of the Leopoldo family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leopoldo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leopoldo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leopoldo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Leopoldo, aged 18, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1836 
Contemporary Notables of the name Leopoldo (post 1700) +
- Fabio Leopoldo -Silva (b. 1977), Brazilian mixed martial artist
- Clotario Leopoldo Blest Riffo (1899-1990), Chilean social activist and labor union leader
- Joyce Leopoldo Conde Chigne (b. 1991), Peruvian footballer
- Leopoldo "Lando" Fiorini (1938-2017), Italian actor and singer
- Leopoldo R. Vazquez, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2004 
- Leopoldo Flores (1934-2016), Mexican artist
- Leopoldo María Panero (1948-2014), Spanish poet
- Leopoldo Laborde (b. 1970), Mexican film director
- Leopoldo Conti (1901-1970), Italian professional football player and coach
- Leopoldo Franchetti (1847-1917), Italian publicist and politician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html