100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lenz was first found in Neumark and Pomerania, where the name could be considered to have made a great contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, with each group seeking power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lenz, Lentz, Lents, Lentze, Lenze, Lentse and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lenz research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1494, 1496, 1637, 1751, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Lenz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lenz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lenz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Lenz arrived in America in 1746 with his wife A. Maria Widenmayer and their four children
- Christian Lenz, who landed in America in 1746
- Christoph Lenz, who landed in America in 1746
- Johann Jacob Lenz, who landed in America in 1769
- Peter Lenz, who landed in New York, NY in 1782
Lenz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Geo Lenz, aged 39, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Andreas Lenz, who arrived in North America in 1838
- Arnold Lenz, aged 36, arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Werner Lenz, who landed in Texas in 1840-1850
- Joseph Lenz, who landed in Texas in 1840-1850
- Paul A. Lenz, American politician, Mayor of Alton, Illinois, 1969
- Lance Lenz, American Republican politician, Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives 5th District, 1992, 1994; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2012
- John N. Lenz, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1950
- Frederick W. Lenz, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Ohio 17th District, 1988
- Frederick P. Lenz Jr., American Democrat politician, Mayor of Stamford, Connecticut, 1975
- Dennis R. Lenz, American Republican politician, Candidate for Montana State House of Representatives 54th District, 2010
- Kay Lenz, American Emmy-award-winning television and film actress
- Mr. Philip Lenz (1891-1937), German Chief Electrician from Friedrichshafen, Germany, who worked on board the Hindenburg LZ-129 and survived the Airship Fire on May 6, 1937
- Heinrich Lenz, German physicist
- Fritz Lenz, German anthropologist and eugenicist
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
The Lenz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lenz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2015 at 09:43.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!