on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Lenz family come from? What is the German Lenz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lenz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lenz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lenz, Lentz, Lents, Lentze, Lenze, Lentse and many more.
First found in Neumark and Pomerania, where the name could be considered to have made a great contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, with each group seeking power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lenz research. Another 205 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1494, 1496, 1637, 1751, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Lenz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 61 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lenz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lenz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Lenz arrived in America in 1746 with his wife A. Maria Widenmayer and their four children
- Christian Lenz, who landed in America in 1746
- Christoph Lenz, who landed in America in 1746
- Johann Jacob Lenz, who landed in America in 1769
- Peter Lenz, who landed in New York, NY in 1782
Lenz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Geo Lenz, aged 39, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Andreas Lenz, who arrived in North America in 1838
- Arnold Lenz, aged 36, arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Werner Lenz, who landed in Texas in 1840-1850
- Joseph Lenz, who landed in Texas in 1840-1850
- Kay Lenz, American Emmy-award-winning television and film actress
- Siegfried Lenz (b. 1926), German prominent post World War II writer and member of the "Gruppe 47"
- Widukind Lenz (b. 1919), German professor of human genetics
- Jakob Michael Reinhold Lenz, German writer
- Fritz Lenz, German anthropologist and eugenicist
- Heinrich Lenz, German physicist
- Mr. Philip Lenz (1891-1937), German Chief Electrician from Friedrichshafen, Germany, who worked on board the Hindenburg LZ-129 and survived the Airship Fire on May 6, 1937
- Heinrich Friedrich Emil Lenz (1804-1865), Russian/German physicist
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
The Lenz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lenz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more