on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Lenz family come from? What is the German Lenz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lenz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lenz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lenz, Lentz, Lents, Lentze, Lenze, Lentse and many more.
First found in Neumark and Pomerania, where the name could be considered to have made a great contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, with each group seeking power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lenz research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1494, 1496, 1637, 1751, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Lenz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lenz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lenz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Lenz arrived in America in 1746 with his wife A. Maria Widenmayer and their four children
- Christian Lenz, who landed in America in 1746
- Christoph Lenz, who landed in America in 1746
- Johann Jacob Lenz, who landed in America in 1769
- Peter Lenz, who landed in New York, NY in 1782
Lenz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Geo Lenz, aged 39, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Andreas Lenz, who arrived in North America in 1838
- Arnold Lenz, aged 36, arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Werner Lenz, who landed in Texas in 1840-1850
- Joseph Lenz, who landed in Texas in 1840-1850
- Paul A. Lenz, American politician, Mayor of Alton, Illinois, 1969
- Lance Lenz, American Republican politician, Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives 5th District, 1992, 1994; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2012
- John N. Lenz, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1950
- Frederick W. Lenz, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Ohio 17th District, 1988
- Frederick P. Lenz Jr., American Democrat politician, Mayor of Stamford, Connecticut, 1975
- Dennis R. Lenz, American Republican politician, Candidate for Montana State House of Representatives 54th District, 2010
- Kay Lenz, American Emmy-award-winning television and film actress
- Mr. Philip Lenz (1891-1937), German Chief Electrician from Friedrichshafen, Germany, who worked on board the Hindenburg LZ-129 and survived the Airship Fire on May 6, 1937
- Heinrich Lenz, German physicist
- Fritz Lenz, German anthropologist and eugenicist
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Lenz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lenz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2015 at 09:43.
on orders of $85 or more