Lensing History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lensing family
The surname Lensing was first found in Saxony, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. The name Lensing, like many surnames, began as a personal name (before surname usage began). Lanzo means "land" or "nation," which suggests that the name is probably a shortened form of some other name which contains that element.
Important Dates for the Lensing family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lensing research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1386 is included under the topic Early Lensing History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lensing Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lanzo, Lando, Lantz, Lanze, Lanz, Lantze, Lanzius, Lantzius, Lantsing and many more.
Early Notables of the Lensing family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lensing Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lensing migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lensing Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolph Lensing, who arrived in America in 1844 
- Joh Heinr Lensing, who landed in America in 1846 
- Henry Lensing, who landed in Arkansas in 1892 
- Herman Lensing, who arrived in Arkansas in 1892 
- Anna Lensing, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1893
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Lensing Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carl Lensing, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States from Coln, Germany, in 1911
- Susanna Lensing, aged 57, who immigrated to the United States from Cleve, Germany, in 1914
Contemporary Notables of the name Lensing (post 1700)
- Vicki Lensing (b. 1957), American politician, the Iowa State Representative from the 78th District
- Kees Lensing (b. 1978), Namibian rugby union player
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)