Lenhard History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lenhard family
The surname Lenhard was first found in Frankfurt, where the name could be considered to have made a great contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. The name is a Roman-German mixed compounded of Leo (lion) and "Hard," the mediaeval German word for "brave." St. Leonhardt was the patron saint of farmers and of horses. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, in which each group sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Lenhard family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lenhard research. Another 162 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1747, 1756, 1758, 1790, 1792, 1830, 1836, and 1889 are included under the topic Early Lenhard History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lenhard Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leonhardt, Leonhard, Leonhardi, Lennartz, Lehnhard, Lienhard (southern Germany), Lehner, Lehnert, Lenhart, Lenhard, Lenhardt, Leonardt and many more.
Early Notables of the Lenhard family (pre 1700)
Prominent figures of the time who bore the name Lenhard were Friedrich Lienhard, who was a prominent Alcasian (Alemannic) poet. Dorette (1756-84) and Auguste (1758-86) Leonhart were sisters...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lenhard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Lenhard migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lenhard Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Eva Catharina and Johan Lenhard, who settled in New York State in 1710
- Eva Catharina Lenhard, aged 12, who landed in New York in 1710 
- Johan Lenhard, aged 5, who arrived in New York in 1710 
- Johann Jost Lenhard, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773 
Lenhard Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adam Lenhard, aged 20, who landed in New York in 1849 
- Friedrich Lenhard, who arrived in America in 1854 
- Mrs. C Lenhard, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1855 
- Nicholas Lenhard, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1860 
- Mar Kath Lenhard, aged 31, who arrived in America in 1868 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Lenhard Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Susanne Lenhard, aged 17, who arrived in New York in 1929 
- Vinzenz Lenhard, who landed in New York in 1929 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Lenhard (post 1700) ||+|
- Joseph Lenhard, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Erie County 3rd District, 1893 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html