on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Leiva family come from? What is the Spanish Leiva family crest and coat of arms? When did the Leiva family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Leiva family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leiva, Leyva, Leifa, Lieva, Leyba and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leiva research. Another 415 words (30 lines of text) covering the year 1528 is included under the topic Early Leiva History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Leiva Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leiva Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- P Leiva, aged 22, landed in New Orleans, La in 1825
- Francisco Leiva, who landed in America in 1828
- P. Leiva who settled in New Orleans in 1835
- V. Leiva who settled in New Orleans in 1860
- I V Leiva, aged 29, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1860
Leiva Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arturo Leiva, aged 17, who settled in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1908
- Angela Leiva, aged 51, who emigrated to the United States from Cienfugos, Cuba, in 1913
- Adelina de Leiva, aged 21, who landed in America from San Salvador, Salvador, in 1915
- Carlos Leiva, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States from San Salvador, Salvador, in 1915
- Emilie Leiva, aged 33, who landed in America from Oviede, Spain, in 1919
- Ponciano Leiva (1821-1896), two-time President of Honduras
- Lucas Pezzini Leiva (b. 1987), Brazilian football midfielder
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Leiva Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Leiva Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 June 2015 at 13:12.
on orders of $85 or more