FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Leischner family come from? What is the German Leischner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Leischner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Leischner family history?The ancient and distinguished German surname Leischner is derived from the German word "fleisch," meaning "meat," and the suffix "mann," meaning "man"; thus, this name refers to a butcher.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fleisch, Fleishauer, Fleischbein, Fleischer, Fleischhacker, Fleischmann, Fleischen, Fleischern, Fleishhaus, Fleischdorf, Flesch (North Germany) and many more.
First found in Austria, where the Fleischmann family became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In its later history, the Fleischmann family became a power unto itself and was elevated to the ranks of nobility. The earliest known bearer of the name was Heinrich Lenke der fleischman, who lived in Eger in 1379.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leischner research. Another 167 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1629, 1809, 1539, 1608, 1586, 1663, 1676 and 1729 are included under the topic Early Leischner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 45 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leischner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leischner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
The Leischner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Leischner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 October 2012 at 21:02.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.