Lehrer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lehrer family
The surname Lehrer was first found in the Rhineland, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Laarmann became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Early History of the Lehrer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lehrer research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lehrer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lehrer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laarmann, van der Laar, van Laer, von Lahr, Lahrbusch, Lahrmann, Larman, Laarman, Lehr, Lehrman, von Lehr, Laerman, Laermann, Laer, Lahr and many more.
Early Notables of the Lehrer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lehrer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lehrer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lehrer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Ferdinand Lehrer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Philip Lehrer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753 
Lehrer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Katharina Lehrer, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1846 
- Ludwig Lehrer, who landed in Illinois in 1846 
- Andreas Lehrer, aged 29, who arrived in New York, NY in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lehrer (post 1700) +
- James Charles "Jim" Lehrer (1934-2020), American Emmy Award winning journalist, executive editor and a former news anchor for the PBS NewsHour on PBS, awarded the George Foster Peabody Award, Television Hall of Fame (1999), National Humanities Medal (1999)
- William N. Lehrer, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 1960
- Samuel M. Lehrer, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1972
- Riva Lehrer (b. 1958), American painter, writer, teacher, and speaker
- Steven Lehrer, American physician and writer
- Brian Lehrer (b. 1952), American radio talk show host on New York City’s public radio station WNYC, best known as the host of the 2007 Peabody Award-winning program, The Brian Lehrer Show
- Jonah Richard Lehrer (b. 1981), American author, journalist, blogger, and speaker
- Keith Lehrer (b. 1936), American Regent's Professor emeritus of Philosophy at the University of Arizona
- Thomas Andrew "Tom" Lehrer (b. 1928), American singer-songwriter, satirist, pianist, and mathematician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)