on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Ledoux family come from? What is the French Ledoux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ledoux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ledoux family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ladouceur, Douceur, Doussault, Doussaud, Doussot, Doussard, Doussart, Doussan, Doussain, Doussaint, Doussin, Doussinaud, Doussinel, Doussinelle, Ladouce, Ladousse, Doux and many more.
First found in Périgord, where the family was established in early days.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ledoux research. Another 184 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1813, 1821, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Ledoux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 30 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ledoux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ledoux Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Gabriel LeDoux, who landed in Louisiana in 1718-1724
- Nicole LeDoux, who arrived in Louisiana in 1719
- Nicole LeDoux, who landed in Louisiana in 1719
- Gabriel LeDoux, who settled in Louisiana between 1718 and 1724
Ledoux Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Bautista Andres Ledoux, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1801
Ledoux Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Martin LeDoux, who arrived in Acadia in 1636
- Martin LeDoux, who landed in Acadia in 1636
- Jacquette Ledoux, who arrived in Quebec in 1664
- Jacquette Ledoux, who landed in Quebec in 1664
- Chris Ledoux (1948-2005), American Grammy Award nominated country music singer-songwriter, bronze sculptor and rodeo champion
- Alan Scott LeDoux (1949-2011), nicknamed "The Fighting Frenchman," an American politician, professional heavyweight boxer, professional wrestler and referee
- Joseph E. LeDoux (b. 1949), American neuroscientist and professor of neuroscience and psychology at New York University
- Albert Frédéric Edmond Ledoux, French diplomatist, Cannes
- Claude Nicolas Ledoux (1736-1806), French architect, one of the earliest exponents of French Neoclassical architecture
- Fernand Ledoux (1897-1993), French film and theatre actor
- Delphine Ledoux (b. 1985), French silver medalist rhythmic gymnast at the 2009 Mediterranean Games
- Paul Ledoux (1914-1988), Belgian astronomer who was awarded the 1964 Francqui Prize for Exact Sciences
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Ledoux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ledoux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 March 2015 at 01:56.
on orders of $85 or more