Ledet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ledet family
The surname Ledet was first found in Lorraine, where this illustrious family was established since the 13th century.
Early History of the Ledet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ledet research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1703, 1771, and 1797 are included under the topic Early Ledet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ledet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ludre, Duludre, du Ludre, de Ludre, Dulud, du Lud, Dulude, de Lude, Le Lude, Ludin, Ludiot, Ludot and many more.
Early Notables of the Ledet family (pre 1700)
Notable in the family name was Marie-Isabelle de Ludre, "la belle de Ludre", a canoness of the noble ladies of Poussey; Jean-Baptiste Ludot, a writer and scholar, who...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ledet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ledet migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ledet Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jos Ledet, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1813 
Ledet Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Ledet, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Ledet (post 1700) +
- Joshua Ledet (b. 1992), American singer from Westlake, Louisiana
- Rosie Ledet (b. 1971), American Creole Zydeco accordion player
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)