Leccese History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Leccese family
The surname Leccese was first found in Brescia (Latin: Brixia) in Lomardy, capital of the province of Brescia. The Pizza del Museois the main feature of the town and marks the site of the Forum. Vespasian erected the Capitoleum in 73 A.D. It contains the famous bronze statue of Vistory. The convent of San Salvatore is also notable, founded by Desiderius, King of Lomardy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Leccese family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leccese research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1148, 1183, 1420 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Leccese History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leccese Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lechi, Lecchi, Lecce, Lecco, Leccese, Leccisi, Lecini, Lexi and many more.
Early Notables of the Leccese family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Leccese Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leccese migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Leccese Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Leccese, aged 20, who landed in America from Marsiconuovo, Italy, in 1909
- Francesco Leccese, aged 34, who landed in America from Rodi, Italy, in 1909
- Francesco Leccese, aged 43, who immigrated to the United States from Bitonto, Italy, in 1912
- Custode Leccese, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States from Bitonto, Italy, in 1913
- Arturo Leccese, aged 17, who settled in America from Sulmona, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Leccese (post 1700)
- Luciano Gabriel Leccese (b. 1982), Argentine professional footballer