Lebert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Lebert family
The surname Lebert was first found in Midlothian where they held a family seat from early times, soon after the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Lebert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lebert research. Another 142 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1405, 1425 and 1603 are included under the topic Early Lebert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lebert Spelling Variations
The name, Lebert, occurred in many references, and from time to time, it was spelt Libberton, Liberton, Lyberton, Lybberton, Libbertoun, Libertoun, Lybertoun, Lybbertoun, Lebirton and many more.
Early Notables of the Lebert family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lebert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lebert migration to the United States
The New World beckoned settlers from the Scottish-English borders. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Among the early settlers bearing the Lebert surname who came to North America were:
Lebert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anne LeBert, aged 9, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Anne Josephe LeBert, aged 38, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Marie Lebert, aged 23, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Marie Josephe LeBert, aged 31, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Pierre LeBert, aged 13, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1785 
Lebert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Lebert, who arrived in St Clair County, III in 1864 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lebert (post 1700)
- Alice Lebert, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 41st District, 1938 
- Benjamin Lebert (b. 1982), German author
- Hermann Lebert (1813-1878), German physician
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html